- My Role: Tech Lead & Graphics Programmer
- Client: Breda University
- Team Size: 8
- Platforms: Windows 10
- Production Time: 22 weeks
- Tech: C++20, DirectX 12, DirectX Raytracing
Wisp is a general purpose high level rendering library. Specially made for real time raytracing with NVIDIA RTX graphics cards. Made by a group of students from Breda University of Applied Sciences specializing in graphics programming.
This renderer integrates with Autodesk Maya to replace its viewport with a real time raytraced viewport. The plugin is available here:
- Physically Based Rendering
- Ray Traced Global Illumination
- Ray Traced Ambient Occlusion
- Ray Traced Reflections
- Ray Traced Shadows
- Translucency & Transparency.
- Depth of Field (with Bokeh)
- Post Processing (Bloom, Tonemapping, Film Grain, FXAA)
- NVIDIA’s HBAO+
- NVIDIA’s AnselSDK
- Autodesk Maya Integration
We got listed by NVIDIA in their worlds top 40 3D applications with RTX integration!
I wrote the core of the renderer, raytracing backend, deferred renderer, HBAO+, Ansel integration, path traced pipeline, global illumination and raytracing mip level generation. As the technology a big part of my job was to fix bugs, work on optimizations and make decisions on how features should be implemented.
As a tech lead I also made sure the code was of a good quality by doing regular code reviews and that team was working efficiently.